In the past, problems caused by aged and damaged pipelines meant replacing the entire section but now the scenario has changed. Thanks to modern technologies like Polyethylene pipe lining with HDPE that has made repairs possible without replacing each section. This technique is ideal for applications like dilute acid and alkali solutions at temperatures in the range of 20 to 50 C.
What is HDPE?
HDPE stands for high-density polyethylene or polyethylene high-density and it’s a polyethylene thermoplastic made from petroleum. As it has a high strength-to-density ratio, it is ideal to be used in the production of corrosion-resistant piping, plastic bottles, and plastic lumber. Being resistant to many different solvents, HDPE has a wide variety of applications.
Why Choose HDPE & Polyethylene Pipe Lining?
Well! HDPE production starts in the 1930s in the United Kingdom and has now become most widely used type of plastic. Here’s why HDPE pipe lining is widely accepted by people across the world:
- The HDPE pipe lining system eliminates corrosion and control erosion.
- The pipe lining offers resistance to an array of chemicals including Dilute Acid, Dilute Alkalis, and Alcohols.
- It resists mold, mildew, rotting, and insects and therefore a great choice for ship pipes.
- It is suitable for Scrubber piping applications considering its superior resistance to temperature and impact strength.
- The pipe lining ensures the longest service life in a wide variety of applications especially the marine infrastructure.
Why Choose Us?
We at Irwin Marine Group offer a wide range of services to our customers in China, Hong Kong and immediate assistance in Southern China Ports. Our marine services include PE and PP plastic coatings, pipe refurbishment, complete engine repairs, ABS approved steel welding procedures, rewinding work, and fabricating galvanized and stainless steel. We are your one-stop-shop for Polyethylene and HDPE pipe lining requirements.